So finally I thought I’d do a blogpost to introduce myself- now that I know that people actually read my blog and are vaguely interested in my life! So I’m a second year law student at Edge Hill University (Although I’m sure you know that by now!). I am predicted to graduate with a first, and have aspirations to complete the BPTC and become a family law barrister.
Whilst I’m not in lectures and seminars, I am on Edge Hill’s student led law society committee, and also have a part-time job as a sales advisor in a bed shop (see my recent blog post for how this has helped me develop transferable skills). I also spend a lot of time in the Gym, and I am a Grade 3 figure skater too- so pretty busy all in all! Like most students (and lawyers’), throughout the day I probably consume my bodyweight in coffee and am usually found in my local coffee shop with my head in a book (or my laptop).
I have grown up surrounded by an incredibly loving family, so love to spend time with them when I can- whether this is walking our dog (who is called Arlo), out for a meal at our local pub, or just snuggled on the sofa watching a film.
Now that I’ve written a little bit about myself, here are 5 questions to get to know me better:
- Do you have any siblings? Yes! I have 3 younger brothers who I love to pieces- even if they do like to wind me up!
- What country do you want to visit and why? For some reason, I’d love to visit Italy. I’m not 100% sure why, I think it’s a beautiful country with a lot of history. Until recently, I haven’t been one for travelling but I have just discovered my sense of adventure, so watch this space!
- What was the last film that you watched? The greatest showman- literally amazing!!
- How often do you use social media? ALL the time! I have all of my social media accounts on my phone so do go on it a lot. Although having said that, I try not to be on my social media too much when I am spending time with friends!
- What’s your biggest regret in life? I wouldn’t say that I have any particular regrets, although there are things that I have done in life that I wish I’d started earlier- for example, I went through a short period of time when me and my Nanna would write letters to each other but unfortunately we only managed a 3/4 letters between us before she became too ill to write so I wish I had started that earlier so that I had more letters to remember her by. Not a particular regret, but a learning curve I guess.
If you have made it this far in my post, thank you so much for reading!